Wednesday, February 27, 2013

25 Days of New Recipes

Hello!  It's been a while but I promise that Bree and I have some exciting DIY projects cooking.  And speaking of cooking, boy am I tired of making and eating the same thing over and over!  You may remember from this post that I budget my groceries and plan my meals.  It's been about a year since I started my meal planning and I'm ready for some culinary changes.  Keeping budget in mind plus my increasingly busy schedule, I needed to come up with some quick and satisfying options.  I started with my own recipe box that is overflowing with clipped recipes from magazines and newspapers (yes some are very old lol) and those little promotional cookbooks from the grocery store.  I decided on one book and one website to start since my little box was so overwhelming full.  As I go down my list daily, I will include the recipe and/or the link.  These are easy, quick meals that a beginner can do and a veteran can appreciate so I hope you can join me!  In no particular order, here is my recipe list!

1. Skillet Vegetable Lasagna
2. Cheesy Rotini and Chicken Skillet
3. Bacon Horseradish Burgers
4. 2-Step Creamy Chicken and Pasta
5. Easy Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
6. Easy Chicken Parm
7. 2-Step Skillet Chicken Broccoli Divan
8. Warm Spinach and  Rice Chicken Salad
9. Fiesta Soup
10. Biscuit-Topped Chicken Pot Pie
11. Broccoli Chicken and Rice Casserole
12. Chicken Wellington
13. Wild Roasted Chicken Wraps
14. Warm Chicken Caesar Wraps
15. Southern BBQ Chicken and Rice
16. Monterey Chicken and Rice Quiche
17. Pocket Meals on the Run
18. Mexican Dip
19. Southwest Steak Salad
20. Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
21. Chef's Salad
22. Cobb Salad
23. Ham and Asparagus Strata
24. Pesto Stuffed Porkchops
25. Dave's Oven-roasted Porkloin

I hope to post in the morning what I'll be making for dinner as well as a review of the recipe from the night before.  All but 3 of these meals will be new for me too so I'm very excited to get started!

Warm Spinach and Rice Chicken Salad
from Perfect Meals, a mini cookbook from Uncle Ben's and Tyson Foods 1997

2 Tyson IFF boneless, skinless, chicken breast, frozen
1 box Uncle Ben's brand Country Inn Rice Dishes-Chicken flavor
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
4 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved

*I used my usual Walmart brand chicken breast and Rice-a-Roni because I couldn't find that Uncle Ben's rice.  Also will be omitting the olives because my husband doesn't like them!

1. Remove protective ice glaze from frozen breasts by holding under lukewarm running water for 1 to 2 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Brush chicken with 2 teaspoons salad dressing. Grill or broil 20 to 25 minutes, or until juices run clear, turning once.

3. Combine hot cooked rice with remaining salad dressing, spinach, tomatoes and olives; stir until spinach is lightly wilted. Place rice mixture on individual serving plates, top with sliced chicken.

Serves 2.

Mmm, I can hardly wait!!!
Jessi and B
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket