Wednesday, March 28, 2012

School Registration!

While many families have Kindergarten Orientation/Round Up coming up in our community 
we also can't forget about Preschool Registration as well!

Most Preschool's are open for Registration now!!

Why Go To Preschool??
"For many children, preschool is their first experience in a structured setting with teachers and groups of children. It's an opportunity to learn to share, follow instructions and begin the foundation for learning that will occur in elementary school."
"As kindergarten becomes more academic, many parents look to preschool to launch their child on the path to success in school."
(Great Schools)


I personally want to be able to give my child the best start in education and I know I cannot help him Academically thrive at home. I am fine taking on the role of mommy, planner, nurse, disciplinary, chef, maid, etc...but teaching academics just isn't my thing and I don't want to be responsible for ruining my child's education! LOL! I'll help...but I just don't wanna be the "teacher". 


My oldest son's birthday is right after the cut off and being a boy I am glad he will be "held back". Being so I felt he was craving more than what our learning books could do for him at home. At the age of 3 he went to a "3's Preschool" class. The 3's class was only once a week and was perfect. 
When he started the 3's Class that was the only one around that I knew of...thank goodness I LOVED the school and teachers. I now am seeing many, many more options available for earlier education, like a 3's preschool class.
At the age of 4 he started at a local preschool (we moved away from the other one) he is in the 3/4 class where he has excelled! Next year he will move to their 4/5 class or "PreK" class. 
Most parents only enroll their children in a PreK type class. There is no need for the other classes but I feel personally they have helped my son significantly. I would say he's pretty smart and taking so many preschool classes has significantly helped him, where I couldn't. But I feel he needs the interaction with other children and "following the rules" more than anything. He is very..spirited...may have something to do with being a red head! LOL!


While choosing a preschool I looked for a comfortable environment. Did I like the teacher? Did my son? Was my son comfortable there? What is there curriculum? Rules and regulations? Safety and Security? Pricing is a huge thing as well.


Whatever works for your family and budget I highly recommend that you enroll your child into preschool to start their education off on a good foot. Some preschools also offer scholarships as well as some school districts working with the state offer an "Eceap" program that offers preschool to income eligible families. For information on early childhood educational programs search online for your local area and state. For Washington State:http://www.del.wa.gov/care/find-hs-eceap/ 






Photo's of our Preschool Days
First Day 2011

First Day 2011
Me too, me too


Bradley and his Teacher

Christmas Party

Squeezing all 3 preschoolers in......

Yup..it worked! Yay!

On our way to class

Ally checking in her name

Fire Dept Field Trip

Fire Dept Field Trip
Happy School Days~
Bree and J

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket