Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I finally got it done!

I cleaned out my garage and parked my car in it!  It only took about 5 years. Oy Vey. 
 Long ago, 6 years to be exact, my husband and I purchase our home.  I drove a little Honda Civic and parked it in our little garage.  Everything was cozy.  Then some where between having a baby and having the garage door opener stop working, I started parking in the driveway and the garage QUICKLY filled with everything!  It was a disaster that I lived with (and force my husband to live with) for too long.  It's always filled with half done projects of all kinds.  I got rid of a lot of stuff at a yard sale at the beginning of the summer and just hadn't had the time to whip the remaining stuff into shape.


 
 Evie has been begging for a swing set and of course I wanted a wood one.  My friend, Michele, has one and all our Camp Fire kids still play on it (they are 10-11) so I know it's worth the investment.  I have been scouring Craigslist for an older small one, with a slide and 3 spots for swings and yesterday one appeared!  It was perfect for us, the right size, the right price, near enough to drive to, and they still had the manuals!  I emailed the info to my husband and he said I could get it if I agreed to cleaning out the garage and limiting my projects to 2 at a time.  So I emailed the lady for the swing and she said I could come anytime between 3 and 8pm and proceeded to bust my buns to make the garage usable again.  Just as I was finishing up, the lady called and said that her husband just told her that he promised the swing set to someone at his work and had apologized.  I was SOOOOOOOO disappointed.  I am so glad I hadn't told the kids, especially Evie.  It would have be such a big heart breaker for her!  But the up side is a clean garage and my husband swapped the fridges so the working one is in my kitchen again.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket