Saturday night the ladies took me OUT but we headed back IN for way more fun!!!
We started out at my house with a drink before we left, headed to Hop Jacks for Dinner and more drinks, then back home for games and fun!
If you know me I'm not a "drinker" nor do I EVER "go out". So this was a very nice treat, especially because it fell on a childless weekend :(
Highlights of the evening:
1) The CRAZED fantasy football gentleman league sitting near us. They had taken over an entire corner of the bar and had a projector displayed onto the wall with rankings and stats. The stacks of paper, head rubbing and friendly bickering was very entertaining. I hear you can make a lot of moola doing this but I'm not sure about how "sane" these particular men were.
2) Watching Jessi scuffle out of the bar with her adorable cute but yet sexy high a** heels!
3) All of us ladies piling into a MINIVAN...where did the days of a limo go?? Well that's a sacrifice you make when you have kids I guess! Cause that minivan is the SH*T!!! ;)
4) Stopping off at QFC so Katie could get a milky way but all of us walking out with Cereal, a Lemon Bar, Smarties, Licorice, Hot Tamales, Laffy Taffy's (mainly for the stupid jokes) and god knows what else....
5) Playing the "Smart A**" Game which really makes you feel like a DUMB A**!!! AND who the HELL cuts their forehead on a "Smart A**" game piece???? Ya ME...this FOOL right here!
6) Deciding to make "Drunkin' Gummi Bears BUT not knowing the recipe...how hard could it be?!?!?!
8) When someone could turn anything we're talking about into something inappropriate and dirty....LMAO! Where were our MINDS! I guess busy mommy's and housewives need to have some FUN once in awhile!!! =D
9) AND of coarse the girl talk!
10) Best of all!! Having my friends there for me when they probably didn't know how badly I needed them there. I'm sure they were going out to have fun as well but in my eyes they were going out with me, keeping me laughing, keeping me busy and wearing me out so when I laid down after everyone left I fell asleep instead of laying there, staying up and missing my kids. Thanks you ladies! You are true friends and I am thankful everyday for you!
The REAL Drunken Gummi Bears Recipe
750 ml Vodka
3lb bag Gummi Bears
2 cups Fruit Punch
Step 1 - Grab your favorite vodka and a bag of gummi bears. I used a 3lb bag of Haribo Bears, but you can use a different kind. I would experiment and see what brand you like best. I contemplated using flavored vodka but ended up just using regular vodka. Again I would start with plain and then experiment with different flavors based on personal preference.
Step 2 - Soak your bears. Make sure to soak the bears in a glass bowl with a lid. No matter what size bag of gummi bears you use, the vodka should cover all of them completely. Place in your refrigerator 3-5 days, the longer the better. Stir the bears every day, breaking them apart because they will try to stick together. I soaked my bears for 5 days. Day 4, I added 2 cups of fruit punch to cut the vodka taste. Drain the bears of all liquid before serving. There shouldn't be too much liquid left. Your bears will be noticeably bigger.
*WARNING - Contains alcohol, please use responsibly and legally. Drunken Gummi Bear Recipe thanks to StylishGameday.com
This Momma is partied out for a year~
Bree and J