Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kindergarten Countdown: 13 days

My favorite part of back-to-school preparation is the school supply shopping!!!  I love looking at all the new "in" things all the kids want for school.  Don't you remember the Trapper Keeper and Unicorn/Pegasus fantasy notebooks?  Ah, those where the days lol!
 

 
Evie's School Supply list

1 box of 16 and 24 count crayons

3 pencils, #2 and sharpened

1 pair of Fiskars scissors

6 large glue sticks

1 rectangular pencil box, no larger than 8.5" x 5.5"

Standard size backpack, large enough to hold a 10" x 12" folder

and an Earthquake Kit:

2 ea. 8oz Juices (canned) with pop tops
2 ea. 4oz Cans of fruit and pop tops or
2 ea. dried fruit packages (snack size)
2 ea. 3oz Cans of tuna or other luncheon meats in pop top can packages
2 ea. Peanut butter or cheese and cracker type snack packages, or
2 ea. granola bars
2 ea. plastic spoons or forks wrapped in napkins
2 ea. individually wrapped moist towelettes
 

I've heard from some more experienced parents, that the Earthquake Kit is a waste of time and effort because the items are hard to find and the likelihood of an emergency that catastrophe is so small.  I, however, want my daughter to be safe and to survive and if that takes some extra time and frustration, then that's a small price to pay!  Ok, I'll step off my soap box lol. :)
 
The most difficult thing to find for the Earthquake Kit was the moist towelettes.  I almost gave up and just used some baby wipes tucked into a smaller ziploc bag but then I found one in my purse and saved one from the last time I ate at Applebee's.  I had asked for an extra one from there but I didn't get one before we left, (among other things, the service was the worst that night).  Some of the items like the packaged cheese and crackers expire late May but I'm sure if there was some sort of true emergency they would be just fine.  There's only a few more weeks at that point for the end of the year :).  I would crawl on my hands and knees to get to her before she starved!!! 
 
Pencil shavings and glue sticks,
Jessi and B 



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket