With two days to go (TWO DAYS!!!! EEEEE!) I tried to make myself a "Mickey" tee. I picked out some fabric and Heat N Bond Ultrahold on Mother's Day that matched a tank I already had on hand. I picked out a Mickey head by Googling "Mickey Mouse silhouette". I saved it as a picture so I could imported it into Publisher.
There's a big one for me and a little for Evie. I printed them out after I adjusted the size to what I wanted. I cut the paper Mickey and traced them with pencil on the wrong side of the fabric.
I then followed the directions on the Heat N Bond and basically made a giant iron on patch.
|Evie's shirt without stitching.|
I started with my shirt first just in case it didn't work. I ironed on the patch and then sat down to my sewing machine and did a zig zag/applique stitch all the way around. I messed up a bit at the corners but then when I tried to fix them up, my machine decided to die. So Evie doesn't get to have hers appliqued but we'll see how having just the Heat N Bond will hold up.
|Close-up of my fail. :)|
|My shirt with stitching.|
You'll have to wait and see what they look like in action next week!