Thursday, May 17, 2012

Homemade Mickey Tees

With two days to go (TWO DAYS!!!! EEEEE!) I tried to make myself a "Mickey" tee.  I picked out some fabric and Heat N Bond Ultrahold on Mother's Day that matched a tank I already had on hand.  I picked out a Mickey head by Googling "Mickey Mouse silhouette".  I saved it as a picture so I could imported it into Publisher.


There's a big one for me and a little for Evie. I printed them out after I adjusted the size to what I wanted.  I cut the paper Mickey and traced them with pencil on the wrong side of the fabric.


I then followed the directions on the Heat N Bond and basically made a giant iron on patch.


Evie's shirt without stitching.

I started with my shirt first just in case it didn't work.  I ironed on the patch and then sat down to my sewing machine and did a zig zag/applique stitch all the way around.  I messed up a bit at the corners but then when I tried to fix them up, my machine decided to die.  So Evie doesn't get to have hers appliqued but we'll see how having just the Heat N Bond will hold up.


Close-up of my fail. :)
My shirt with stitching.
You'll have to wait and see what they look like in action next week! 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket