Monday, May 21, 2012

What I learned at Disneyland: Sunday /UPDATED

Hello!!!  It's 5:30 am in going-to-be-hot-n-sunny California and I am up and ready to take on this day! Here's a little recap of the last two days. 

On Saturday, we woke up early finished packing and clean for our house sitter (miss you puppies!). Then we flew with one stop but no plane change down to the John Wayne Airport (aka Orange County). We checked into our hotel, meet up with a few friends for dinner and watched the fireworks from Disneyland from our friends' room and called it a night.
Evie and Dillan
On Sunday, we woke up at early again.  We were pretty excited since we were actually going into the parks.  We got ready and met up with our friends again.  We ate McDonald's as we walked to the park and it was just opening so there was very little wait.  Then I realized I forgot my camera(Don't kill me Bree lol).  Right off the bat, we saw Pluto so we hopped in line and Evie got out her autograph book.  Luckily my friend, Lea, had hers and she got lots of really cute pictures.  I'll update this post later with the pictures because Lea conquered the park with a two year old AND being pregnant!  She gets a break from me because I know she'll get me the pics as soon as she can :)
First driving lesson?
Ride Time: We first went on King Arthur's Carousel.  Evie rode a horse adorned with golden bells and golden saddle.  This may have been THE horse of King Arthur, I'll have to look it up to confirm (unless someone knows! Comment below :))  Then we continued on to Pinocchio's Adventure, the Dumbo ride, the Mad Tea Party (Teacups!), the Storybook land Canal boat ride, Autopia, Finding Nemo Submarines, and then the Monorail.  We stopped for lunch at Tortilla Jo's in the Downtown Disney District.
Pluto was Evie's first character to meet
After lunch, we hopped parks and went to Disney's California Adventure.  We explored A Bug's Land and rode on Flik's Flyers, Francis' Ladybug Boogie, Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, and Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies.  This "land" was GREAT for little kids. Like 5 and under.  The rides are slow and smooth so if you have littles that are not so sure about rides, go here!!! 

Callie and Evie on the Ladybug Boogie.
We made our way to the Monsters Inc. ride which I thought was sooo cool!  I won't ruin it for you but it was like being in the movie :).  Then we said goodbye to our friends :( but cheered ourselves up by going to the Muppets in 3D.  This was the first 3D show that Evie has been to and it was really funny.  It was practically empty so we had really great seats.  And then Evie was ready to go back to the hotel for some swimming so that's what we did.
Dillan and I flying in Dumbo!
We only stayed at the pool for 30 minutes.  The sun goes down early here and it was too cool for me (har har) so we bribed her with a bubble bath and pizza.  She was out before 7 and slept all night! I fell asleep listening to the fireworks.  So early for me!
The Pattons
So the things I learned are that you need wipes.  The kids' hands were so sticky from cotton candy and churros!  And having Daddy take the littles to the restrooms.  The ladies' lines are too long for kiddie bladders who wait too long to go because of all the excitement!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Miss you guys so much! And I'm so jealous but once Brooklyn's older I cant wait to go!!! Have fun for us all!!!! You all deserve it!
    <3 Bree

    ReplyDelete

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket