Monday, June 11, 2012

McCarren Pool

Evie wants to fly to New York City.  Isn't that a strange request from a small town almost-5-year-old?  I asked her where she learned about New York and she claims from our trip on the plane.  I suppose I'm an influence too though because I had recently read an article in the New York Times online about this pool and showed her this picture from Pinterest.

via Pinterest
And I showed her all the pictures from the NY Times.  It's pretty amazing the amount of people in the black and white photo and then it's destruction and rebirth. 
via Google Image search

from Google Maps. Notice the compared to the school track!
What it'll look like all finished up.  Capacity is 1500 swimmers!

One of my favorite things to do when I'm researching about a place is to look it up in Google maps.  Obviously Google needs to update little since the pool is opening June 29th.  All Evie talks about is this giant pool in New York and how she's going there on her next vacation. :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket