Monday, June 4, 2012

Jessi's House: Pathetic Patio

Good Morning!  It's still dreary and wet here but we only have 30 days until summer!

That also means we only have 30 days to get ready for summer.  Every year I say I'm going to get my patio (and yard) whipped into shape and I think this is my year.  We are going all the way.  It's a disaster.

This is Right Now. This Morning. Ugh.
It's so bad!!! I didn't even bother to straighten because I want you to see our real life.

Jack from in July, 2010
Here's a shot of when the rock border was new and the shed door was unpainted. AND there was sand in the "sandbox". 

Door freshly painted summer of 2011.
The changes have been few but the toys seem to be the same.  Even they seem tired and old.

Prepping for Evie's 4th birthday, 2011.
Here's a shot of better days although the sun always makes things cheery. :)  And the streamer distract you from seeing the missing panel.

Phase one
So this weekend my dad and I removed the border around the sandbox-turned-dirt-pit.  We miscalculated how much mix to fill the hole but are fixing it after I finish up this post. The true joys of DIY.  I am really excite to get started.  Here's a list of things to do:

Get rid of old tired and broken toys.
Remove all the corrugated panels and prep for new ones.
Remove the layers of old paint from the floor.
Edge along the rock border, shift the sand down and weed.
Paint! Paint trim, freshen up the shed.
Replace furniture for actual patio furniture.
Create a better outdoor "kitchen".
Decorate!

Ok so I'd better wrap it up and get out there! :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket