5 Easy ways to get your Kids involved!
1. Turn off the lights! Helping you kids learn about conserving energy through simple tasks like turning off the lights and unplugging unnecessary chargers will conserve your money too!
2. Picking up trash! Take a walk around your neighborhood and make a game of it. Be sure to watch what your kids might want to pick up that they shouldn't! Since their little hands are too small for gloves, try using sandwich baggies instead. It might give you piece of mind too!
3. Turning off the water! Brushing your teeth and washing your hands is very important and we don't want you to stop! Turning off the water while your your brush is in your mouth is an easy example of how to save water.
4. Not wasting food! Lots of communities can now recycle their food scraps in their yard waste containers. Call your local services to find out more information! You can also put your scraps in your own compost pile just remember no meat or dairy to keep pests away.
5. Recycled Art! Our kids LOVE to draw and create with paper of all kinds. Encouraging your kids to use both sides of the paper is another easy way to cut down on wasted paper! You can make collages and other art projects from pass art. We've even made seed starter pots from used pages out of a coloring book!