Monday, July 2, 2012

Easy 4th of July DIY


From living in the apartment and having NO storage space I had no 4th of July Decor AT ALL! I know, I know...horrible right! 
So I was alittle bored and decided to make something using what I had around the house. Patriotic fabric, raffia, jar lids, old wood wreaths, and good ol hot glue.

Baby food lids. I took the rafia and glued it in a criss crossing fashion then glued a fabic star cut out over the middle. Once star was placed a went back and trimmed the raffia...like giving it a hair cut. LOL.



  I then did the same thing with white wide ribbon.


 And again with cut blue fabric scraps.


Jessi had these old wooden wreaths she had painted green. I took them (lol) and we had some metallic blue spray paint we covered the wreaths with. 
I also added little extras in with the star jar lids, just with plain scrap fabric, hot glue and other jar lids.
I then fastened all the wreaths together with white ribbon and hung them.
(thanks to Jessi and my indecisiveness) I later removed the top ribbon from design.
Annnnnd whaaaalaaa! I have myself a 4th of July Wreath/Door Decor!

Be creative~
Bree and J


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please chat us up!!! We talk alot to each other but we are so simliar it's like talking to ourselves, lol. We use comment moderation to discourage creepy and hurtful comments towards our readers and ourselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Clubs are Cool

Vintage Revivals
Project Pinterest at the DIY Club

Sponsors

Photobucket